Five youths allegedly abducted by People’s Liberation Army(PLA) was handed over to India by China on Saturday. After staying ten days at Chinese side, the youths safely return back to their home.
The five youths were allegedly abducted by PLA on September 4, when they went for hunting and entered into Chinese side. Five of them were belonged from Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh.
According to sources, the Indian Army took custody of the five youths at Kibitu after completing all the formalities.
“Indian Army has always been proactive in tracing the lost locals and helping them return home. Three such incidents took place in the current year in Upper Subansiri and West Siang District including the latest one. All such individuals were brought back home safely after consistent efforts and coordination by Indian Army in the past,” Lieutenant Colonel Harsh Wardhan Pande, PRO (Defence) based at Tezpur in Assam said in a release.
The five individuals will now be quarantined for 14 days as per COVID-19 protocol and will thereafter be handed over to their family members.
“In the latest case, five individuals from Upper Subansiri District had also inadvertently strayed across LAC recently. Indian Army approached PLA on hotline to trace and return them. On September 8, response on the hotline confirmed that the missing individuals had been traced,” Defense PRO said.
India has already clarified that the youths are civilians from Arunachal Pradesh who strayed while on a hunting trip.