Assam Northeast Reel

Assam: Jumbo dies of electrocution after hitting low-lying electric wires in Nagaon

A wild elephant died of electrocution in Central Assam’s Nagaon district.

It got electrocuted in Leturipara under Autirpar area of the district.

It had hit on a 11,000 volt electrical poles on intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday

Locals allege it is the electric department’s negligence why the wires are put low within the reach of elephants.

The elephant had came down from Laokhoa Bura Chapori Wildlife Sanctuary in search of food.

About the author

News Move Bureau

Leave a Comment