At the time when the entire world is fighting with coronavirus, it becomes essential to keep the immunity system strong so that the fatal COVID 19 cannot affect human beings. However, taking preventive measures to keep the disease away can be the best way as there is no medicine for this novel virus until now. Thus, relying on Ayurveda, the plant-based science which disseminates the gifts of nature to lead a healthy and happy life, can provide knowledge to prevent the disease. The concept of “Dinacharya” meaning daily regimes and “Ritucharya” or the seasonal regimes in Ayurveda are very effective as preventive care which people can follow for a healthy life. The classical scriptures of Ayurveda accentuate about being aware of oneself and the balance which every individual can attain by uplifting and maintaining his or her immunity.
The following guidelines are provided by the Ministry of AYUSH for preventive health measures and boosting immunity emphasizing mainly on respiratory health which is based on Ayurvedic literature and scientific publications.
1. Drink warm water throughout the day.
2. At least 30 minutes practice of meditation, Pranayam and Yogasana.
3. Adding spices such as Haldi (Turmeric), Jeera (Cumin), Dhaniya (Coriander) and Lahsun (Garlic) in cooking.
Ayurvedic Immunity Promoting Measures:
1. Take Chyavanprash 10gm (1tsf) in the morning. Diabetics should take sugar-free Chyavanprash.
2. Drink herbal tea/decoction (Kadha) made from Tulsi (Basil), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin) once or twice a day.
3. Add jaggery (natural sugar) and / or fresh lemon juice to your taste, if needed.
4. Drink Golden Milk- Half teaspoon Haldi (turmeric) powder in 150 ml hot milk – once or twice a day.
Simple Ayurvedic Procedures:
1. Nasal application – Apply sesame oil/coconut oil or Ghee in both the nostrils (Pratimarsh Nasya) in the morning and evening.
2. Oil pulling therapy- Take 1 tablespoon sesame or coconut oil in the mouth. Do not drink, Swish in the mouth for 2 to 3 minutes and spit it off followed by a warm water rinse. This can be done once or twice a day during a dry cough or sore throat.
3. Steam inhalation with fresh Pudina (Mint) leaves or Ajwain (Caraway seeds) can be practiced once in a day.
4. Lavang (Clove) powder mixed with natural sugar/honey can be taken 2-3 times a day in case of cough or throat irritation.
Nevertheless, if these symptoms continue, it’s better to consult a doctor to avoid complications. The measures listed above should be followed according to one’s convenience. A number of renowned Vaidyas across the country who have recommended these measures to boost immunity for avoiding infections are Padma ShriVaidya P R Krishnakumar, Coimbatore, Padma Bhushan Vaidya Devendra Triguna, Delhi, Vaidya P M Varier, Kottakkal, Vaidya Jayant Devpujari, Nagpur, Vaidya Vinay Velankar, Thane, Vaidya B S Prasad, Belgaum, Padma Shri Vaidya Gurdeep Singh, Jamnagar, Acharya Balkrishnaji, Haridwar, Vaidya M S Baghel, Jaipur, Vaidya R B Dwivedi, Hardoi Up, Vaidya K N Dwivedi, Varanasi, Vaidya Rakesh Sharma, Chandigarh, Vaidya Abichal Chattopadhyay, Kolkata, Vaidya Tanuja Nesari, Delhi, Vaidya Sanjeev Sharma, Jaipur, Vaidya Anup Thakar, Jamnagar.
Disclaimer: The above advisory does not claim to be a treatment for COVID 19
The Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (VAC) Police of Manipur on Tuesday arrested a senior medical officer of the state Directorate of… Read More
-Anindita Das According to a PTI report, three floors of the Northeast head office and the entire business office of… Read More
-Avishek Sengupta Drawing curtain to a six-day-long manhunt, Uttar Pradesh gangster Vikas Dubey, the prime accused in the Kanpur shootout… Read More
Atleast ten police officials of the Assam Police who allegedly participated in a late night party on a river cruise… Read More
Former parliamentarian from Silchar and current President of the All India Mahila Congress (AIMC), Sushmita Dev has tested COVID-19 positive… Read More
https://youtu.be/1QJ2ekm4cF0 Biplab Deb serves warm ginger water to his mother to boost immunity. Urged the people to take care of… Read More